Saturday, August 28, 2010

Post op pathology

Wednesday was the day I returned to the doc’s office for removal of the catheter, and an update on the pathology on the materials removed during surgery.
Evidently the cancer was aggressive, and the concern now, is whether or not it has spread to regions outside the prostate; there might be a 50% chance that it has. He said the latest science would indicate the best course of action is to follow the surgery with a round of radiation in a few months.
I also scheduled my first post-op PSA test for September 30; It is the hope of every post op guy that their new PSA number will be close to zero; close monitoring of the PSA will continue for the next two years, I suspect.
There might be not much to report on this blog in the next couple of weeks, but if there is, this will be the place to read about it. Feel free to posts your own comments, and sign up for update notifications on the wiget in the right column.

No comments:

Post a Comment