Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Full Day at Home after Surgery

The photo is one that I took at Mt Adams last week, it was from a series of shots early in the morning, and put together in Photoshop.
Last night was the first night at home post surgery. It was a difficult night, partly because I did not know what to expect from my body. But I am told that my experience is fairly typical. It is amazing how, for a normal person, the digestive system does "what it does" since birth, but in the traumatic changes brought about by surgery, some of these functions seem to be confused, and need to be retrained.
I have tried to talk to others that have been through the same procedure, to compare my experience so far with theirs, and to try to get a sense about what is ahead. I'm a little nervous, but given the fact that I am in God's hands, and I feel that I had the best care any person could have in the northwest, I am confident for an overall good outcome.

I would also encourage you to post responses to any of these notes, as you think of encouragements or personal experiences others can benefit from.

4 comments:

  1. We are so glad to Ron is doing well.
    I found this poem and felt the need to share it.
    Have a great day!

    Life is
    by Mother Theresa

    Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
    Life is beauty, admire it.
    Life is a dream, realize it.
    Life is a challenge, meet it.
    Life is a duty, complete it.
    Life is a game, play it.
    Life is a promise, fulfill it.
    Life is sorrow, overcome it.
    Life is a song, sing it.
    Life is a struggle, accept it.
    Life is a tragedy, confront it.
    Life is an adventure, dare it.
    Life is luck, make it.
    Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
    Life is life, fight for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorothy! Who can argue with Mother Theresa? Excellent words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm enjoying these posts and updates and photos. I'm really glad the surgery went well. And I'll see you Mahans next week. I hope Aly told you I'm visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather! Yes... Aly told us you were visiting. We are looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete